Friday, October 9, 2009

Love the Shimmer Paint !!



Well, my least favorite thing to do is to HAVE TO make a sympathy card. However,Stampin' Up has a great many stamp sets and tools to do a wonderful job. I started out with a simple card but knew it wasn't quite enough. I used Strength and Refuge stamp set with Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla & Always Artichoke cardstocks along with matching ink pads with Certainly Celery ink, stamped off, for the cross!!! Here's my first card that needed more:






I added some coordinating ribbon (Mellow Moss taffeta) and also tried a new technique with the Shimmer Paint!! I added 12 drops of Champagne Shimmer Paint to an extra spray mist bottle that I poured 3/4 full of rubbing alcohol. I gave it a good shake then sprayed it all over the background cardstock and VOILA' it's a beautiful card!!


Here's the finished product! It's so much nicer than the simple card I started with! What do you think?

No comments: