Monday, November 15, 2010

1, 2, 3, Smile!

I wish I could have said this last Monday, but unfortunately, I didn't pull out my camera! I was too busy trying to keep up with the production process!
I was honored to be in Chris' home for a special night of card making. This was not your ordinary card class, we were making cards for soldiers who were sons & daughters, wives & husbands, brothers & sisters, mothers & fathers of a dear troop in Iraq. One of my customers (Mary) has a son serving in Iraq. I have five boxes of card fronts that were sitting, doing nothing but collecting dust and taking up space. What better way to use them than to make them into full cards to send/give to those who are serving our country and missing their families! These women sat around a table with tape and a beverage and in one hour, they had put together over 400 cards and shared some good stories, too! I was so busy cutting cardstock and organizing/boxing up the finished cards, that I didn't get a chance to think about pulling out my camera and taking a photo to keep that memory in stone. However, I will not forget it! I cherish that evening and it was a blessing to me to be able to be a part of it!
Thank you to each of the ladies present! I hope they will remember how special this night was and the soldiers enjoy the cards. It's the least we could do for those in the service.

No comments: